Inside This Issue
Are You A VIP?
A Salute To Memorial Day
Six Confidence-Building Strategies
Mother’s Day Message
1249 N. Mt. Juliet Rd.
Mt. Juliet, TN 37122
1027 W. Main St. Suite B.
Lebanon, TN 37087
May 1, 2019
Message of the Month
Are You A VIP (Very Involved Parent)?
1. Keep them on a regular schedule. ALWAYS ARRIVE ON TIME TO ASSIGNED CLASSES (e.g., if class is at 4:15 does not mean arrive at 4:15) always be early/ and make up missed classes.
2. Encourage your child to learn and follow our school protocol and practice their martial arts manners.
3. Observe your child’s classes as often as possible and REMEMBER WHILE CLASS IS IN SESSION MAINTAIN QUIETNESS AROUND THE CLASS ITSELF, ESPECIALLY IF SMALL SIBLINGS ARE PRESENT; AND ALWAYS PRAISE EVEN THE SLIGHTEST PROGRESS.
4. Understand that any and all progress helps to keep their interest level high.
5. Always support our Instructor’s decision regarding stripes and belt promotions, they will always be acting in your child’s best interest.
6. Be optimistic and encouraging even if your child shows temporary signs of frustration or boredom.
7. Keep frequent communications with our instructors over your child’s progress in and out of the martial arts school.
8. Attend special events such as our monthly exam demonstrations, Open House Leadership Days and our Intramural Tournaments. These events are extremely motivational for everyone. (Bring your cameras and or video cameras).
9. Take time to learn the Student Creed along with your child and help them better understand our weekly messages.
10. Be a “VIP” or what we call a Very Involved Parent!!! Help others to be VIP also.
A Salute To Memorial Day
Memorial Day was originally called Decoration Day. It is a day of remembrance for those who have died in the service of our nation.
You need not ever know my name. This unknown soldier seeks no fame.
I’m here to bring out thought from you. May your heart see more than your view.
America, we marched with pride. We gave our life, for you we died.
How well we know the time might come. When life could sound that final drum.
Please think of us as life moves on. We tried so hard till that last dawn.
Do let our spirit fill the land. Pass treasured freedom, hand to hand.
God bless this country with such love. Hold in your heart, abundance of.
And when you stand before my grave. Think not of one, but each who gave.
Six Confidence-Building Strategies
- Every day remind yourself that you did some things well. Instead of dwelling on what didn’t work or the tasks you didn’t finish, focus on what you did accomplish.
- Read inspiring biographies and autobiographies. We want to reinforce this one more time. Read books, articles and magazines. Build a file of those stories that inspire you most. Record special TV documentaries. Listen to tapes or watch videos. Go to the movies — there are some great stories out there. Your confidence grows when you actively take on the challenges of life. You won’t win them all, but with the right attitude you will win more than enough.
- Be thankful. No matter how bad your circumstances may be, there’s probably someone worse off than you. Most of your problems will pale in comparison when you take a mental snapshot of all the benefits you enjoy everyday.
- Build excellent relationships.
- Push yourself to accomplish short-term goals. There’s no great way to build confidence than getting things done. Create an environment of accomplishment every week. Focus on your three most important targets. Every day do something that moves you closer to finishing a project, closing a sale or expanding a relationship. Don’t allow yourself to be distracted or interrupted. By doing so you will eliminate the feelings of guilt and failure. Take one small step at a time. Make sure your goals are realistic.
- Do something for yourself every week. Find a way to celebrate your weekly accomplishments.
Karate Summer Camp
Registration for our special 8 Week Gold Summer Camp is now open! 8 full weeks of classes and the chance to earn a Gold Belt. As an added bonus, the first 25 to register will receive a free 49th Anniversary t-shirt! Classes fill quickly so we want to include your friends or other family members first. 1st session begins week of June 3, 2019. 2nd session begins week of July 15, 2019. Contact the front desk or call (615) 754-6878 for more information.
Quotes To Motivate You
“Luck is what you have left over after you give 100 percent.” — Langston Coleman
“Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more you sweat the luckier you get.” — Ray Kroc
“There is always an opportunity to make a difference.” — Michael Dell
“Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” — Lou Holtz
Happy Mother’s Day!
“Happy Mother’s Day” means more
Than have a happy day.
Within those words lie lots of things
We never get to say.
It means I love you first of all,
Then thanks for all you do.
It means you mean a lot to me,
And that I honor you.
But most of all, I guess it means
That I am thinking of
Your happiness on this, your day,
With pleasure and with love.
Copyright: Nicholas Gordon
April 30 – May 4: Test Week
May 4: Black Belt Test
May 8-11: P.T. Week
April 10: Graduation Schedule
5:15 pm – Little Dragons
6:15 pm – Children, Juniors, Teens, and Adults
May 11: Black Belt Graduation
May 13-18: Bo Week
May 18: Leadership Day
9:00 am – 10:00 am Little Dragons
10:00 am – 11:00 am Children
11:00 am – 12:00 pm Juniors, Teens & Adults
May 20-24: Bokken Week
May 25-27: CLOSED
May 27: Memorial Day (Closed)
5/1 Laim O’Quinn
5/2 Stephen Willis
5/3 Ellie Adams
5/4 Michael Kristof
5/5 Aditya Bondili
5/6 Mitchell Gibbs
5/7 Karas Fares, Stephanie Brown
5/9 Michael Weatherby, Yohan Mahesh, Parker Thompson
5/10 Sophia Taylor, Tamara DeLaby
5/11 Isaiah Harville
5/13 Shiloh Bibb
5/14 Sebastian Foster, Elliot Young, Noel Ronan
5/15 Ben Short
5/18 Rena Conley
5/22 Ahmi Motta
5/24 Adam Aleshaa
5/26 Hanna Hale
5/31 Mason DeLaby, Roger Conley